5-9 WIRING HARNESS MAINTENANCE.
This task covers: a.
Tool Kit, General Mechanics
(item 1, appendix B)
Crimp Tool (item 4, appendix B)
Both generator sets shut down, para 2-5.3.1.
1. Remove 21 machine screws (1, figure 5-13), lock washers (2), and flat washers (3) that secure the
switch box cover (4) to the switch box assembly. Discard lock washers.
The control panel connector P3 is connected to connector J4. Movement of the switch box
cover is limited. To prevent damage to control panel wiring harness, use caution
removing switch box cover. Failure to observe this caution can result in equipment
2. Carefully position switch box cover (4) in front of switch box assembly.
3. Disconnect P3 (7) from J4 (8) and set switch box cover (4) out of the way.
4. Refer to figure FO-1, then label all leads and plugs at each end of the wiring harness to be replaced.
5. Disconnect all leads and plugs.
6. Remove wiring harness.
Visually inspect wiring harness for damaged or frayed wires, and loose, broken, or corroded connections.
Refer to appendix G and repair or manufacture wiring harness.