Disconnect and label electrical leads (5) connected to bus bar.
Remove defective insert (11).
Using insertion tool, rotate handle CCW until you can install insert (11) into barrel with tang toward
Turn handle CW until one thread of insert protrudes from hole.
Position over bus bar and turn handle CW until insert is installed.
Turn handle CCW to remove insertion tool.
Install small punch into hole until it contacts tang. Break off and remove tang.
1. Position bus bar (1, figure 5-14) in place.
2. Install flat washers (8), new lock washers (7), and nut (6).
3. Install lock washers (2) and nut (3).
4. Install leads (5), flat washers (9), lock washers (10), and cap screws (4).
5. Connect P3 (7) to J4 (8, figure 5-13) and position the switch box cover (4) over the switch box
6. Install flat washers (3), lock washers (2), and screws (1) that secure the switch box cover (4).
5-12 CONTACTOR MAINTENANCE.
This task covers: a. Removal
Tool Kit, General Mechanics
(item 1, appendix B)
Both generator sets shut down, para 2-5.3.1.