4-13 ASSEMBLY, SWITCH BOX MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
(item 1, Appendix B)
Both generator sets shut down, paragraph
2-5.3.3. Trailer handbrakes set, front support
leg/landing leg lowered, and rear leveling-support
jack lowered; paragraph 2-3.2.1. Power cables
and ground disconnected from switch box;
Refer to paragraph 4-19 for removal of Accessory Box
before performing maintenance on Switch Box
1. Release clamping catches (6, Figure 4-10) and open switch box cover (7).
2. Inspect all leads and wires for worn or deteriorated insulation that reveals bare spots in conductors. If
found, notify next higher level of maintenance.
3. Inspect all leads and wires for loose or disconnected terminal lugs. If found, tighten or notify next
higher level of maintenance.
4. Inspect all terminals for looseness. Tighten as needed.
5. Inspect all component mountings for looseness. Tighten as needed.
6. Inspect gasket (8) on switch box. If required, replace gasket.
7. Close switch box cover (7) and secure with clamping catches (6).
1. CLAMPING CATCH REPLACEMENT.
a. Drill out rivets (1) and remove defective clamping catch (2).
b. Position new clamping catch (2) and secure with rivets (1).