2. GASKET REPLACEMENT.
a. Remove old gasket (8) from switch box and scrape surface to remove old cement.
b. Cut new gasket material and cement to switch box.
3. STUFFING TUBE REPLACEMENT.
a. Unscrew lock nut (9) from stuffing tube body (10) of stuffing tube and remove from switch box.
b. Insert stuffing tube body (10) through hole in switch box and secure with locknut (9).
Switch box mounting hardware for AN/MJQ-42 (plain nuts, lock washers, flat
washers, and cap screws) differs from that used on other power plants but removal
and installation instructions are similar.
1. Remove power cables and ground cable (paragraph 4-12).
2. Remove four bolts (3), lock washers (4), flat washers (5), securing switch box (11) to fender. Remove switch
1. Position switch box (11) on trailer fender.
2. Install four lock washers (4), flat washers (5) and bolts (3).
3. Connect power cables and ground cable (paragraph 4-12).
4. Reinstall accessory box and secure with removed hardware.