g. Repeat steps e and f until ground rod has been driven eight feet or deeper, providing an
h. Connect clamp (9) and ground cable (8) to ground rod (7) and tighten clamp screw.
i. Connect ground cable (8) to trailer as follows.
(1) Loosen nut (1), (Figure 2-6) from trailer ground stud (2).
(2) Insert wire (3) through slot of ground terminal (2) and tighten nut (1).
(3) Insert wire (3) to ground rod clamp (4) and tighten screw (5).
Figure 2-6. Ground Cable Connection.
i. Disassemble slide hammer as follows:
(1) Remove nut (6), (Figure 2-5) from end of rod (4) and retain.
(2) Remove hammer (5) from rod (4) and thread nut (6) on end of rod to prevent loss.
(3) Store hammer (5) and rod (4) with assembled parts in accessory box.
2-3.4 Connecting Load.
Make sure generator sets are shut down before connecting load cables.
Failure to observe this warning can cause severe personal injury or death.
Load cables and instructions for connecting them are normally furnished with the equipment that is to be supplied
with electric power. The load is normally connected to the switch box load terminals. Before connecting the load,
determine the voltage requirement that is to receive electric power.
2-3.4.1 Connection to Switch Box Load Terminals.
a. Open load terminal cover (1, Figure 2-7).