(1) Remove wheels (3) and tires (5) as illus-
trated in f i g u r e 4 - 1 0 , observing the instructions in
steps (2) and (3) below.
W A R N I N G
If parking brakes must be released to per-
form maintenance when generator set is
jacked, release brakes prior to jacking. Do
not perform maintenance on a jacked gener-
ator set unless it is properly blocked.
suitable blocks under skid base and lower skid base
Repair and Replacement.
(1) Refer to Appendix A for listing of appli-
cable service manual for repair of pneumatic tires.
(2) Install wheels (3) and tires (5) as illus-
trated in f i g u r e 4 - 1 0 .
(3) Remove support blocks, lower generator
set and remove jack.
(2) Block wheel to prevent movement when
4 - 3 4 .
W h e e l
B e a r i n g s .
generator set is jacked.
Jack generator set and remove wheel ( 3 , f i g . 4 - 1 0 )
(3) Place suitable jack under skid base of
as described in
p a r a g r a p h
4 - 3 3 and proceed as
generator set and jack wheels off ground. Place
4 - 2 4