Water Pump Assembly, Exploded View
3-30. WATER PUMP.
(3) Inspect control lever for cracks, bends,
a. Removal. Refer to the Operator and Organi-
(4) Inspect seals for damage and deteriora-
zational Maintenance Manual for cooling fan mainten-
(5) Inspect shutter for bent or damaged vanes
and support brackets, defective paint and other dam-
(1) Using a suitable puller, remove pulley
(6) Straigten bent control rod.
(2) Remove retaining ring (2).
(7) Remove defective paint, treat, and re-
(3) Remove screws (3 and 4), lockwasher
(5) and bracket (6) to remove cover plate (7) and
(8) Replace any parts damaged beyond repair.
d. Assembly. Assemble shutter assembly in
(4) Support front end of pump in bed of arbor
reverse order of disassembly procedures.
press and press shaft bearing and flinger assembly
(9) from impeller (10), seal assembly (11), and pump
e. Installation. Refer to the Operator and Or-
ganizational Manual for shutter assembly installation
Shaft, bearing and flinger assembly (9) is
3-29. COOLING FAN.
a unit. Do not attempt to disassemble.
Refer to the Operator and Organizational Mainten-
(5) Press seal assembly (11) from pump body.
ance Manual for cooling fan maintenance procedures.