Shutter Assembly, Exploded View
(4) Check interior of radiator for rust and
3-28. SHUTTER ASSEMBLY.
Removal. Refer to the Operator and Organi-
(5) Test radiator for leaks as follows:
zational Maintenance Manual for shutter removal in-
(a) Provide an air line fitting at one of
the radiator openings. Seal all other openings.
(b) Attach an air line to the fitting and
submerge the radiator in a container of water.
(2) Remove cotter pin (2) to remove retainer
(c) Pressurize the radiator to 10 to 15
(3) and spring (4).
psig and check for air bubbles which will indicate
(3) Remove retainer (5) to remove control
(6) Repair radiator as follows:
(4) Remove any damaged or deteriorated seals
(a) Straighten bent cooling fins.
(7) from vanes of shutter (8).
(b) Remove light corrosion with number
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
00 grit abrasive paper.
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent
(c) Repair leaks and cracked or broken
(Federal Specification P-D-680) and dry thoroughly.
(7) Replace radiator if damaged beyond re-
(2) Visually inspect springs for cracks, breaks,