Fuel Injection Nozzle Holder, Exploded View
(6) Install pump timing hole cover.
(q) Remove pump from test stand.
(7) Install fuel injection lines.
(1) Remove fuel injector nozzle from No. 1
New injection pumps received from supp-
ly have a high idle adjustment of 1860 rpm
(2) Turn the engine over until the 20 degree
for 60 Hz applications. Installation on 400
before top dead center (BTDC) mark on the flywheel
is lined up with the timing mark on the flywheel
housing, and No. 1 cylinder is on compression
high idle adjustment screw, (29, figure
to 2250 rpm. Adjustment
c o m p l i s h e d using an engine speed
(3) Remove the timing hole cover on the in-
tachometer with actuator linkage (6, figure
jection pump and rotate the pump shaft until the
disconnected, the shutoff lever, (21,
timing marks line up.
manually operating the throttle lever (35,
The pump shaft should never be turned
backwards to align internal timing marks.
When replacing the fuel lines, always use
(4) Install pump on engine and install
(5) Recheck flywheel timing marks, then ro-
(8) Connect throttle linkage and stop control.
tate the fuel pump body until the pump timing marks
(9) Connect fuel supply and return lines.
are exactly in line. Tighten pump attaching nuts to
35 to 40 ft-lb.
(10) Replace No. 1 fuel injection nozzle in No.
(11) Bleed the air from the fuel system.
After fuel injection pump is installed, ro-
3-21. FUEL INJECTION NOZZLE HOLDERS AND
tate engine 180 degrees backwards. Then
rotate engine in correct rotation until
a. Removal. Refer to the Operator and Organi
20 BTD timing marks on the flywheel
zational maintenance Manual for fuel injection nozzle
appears in flywheel timing hole and recheck
holders and lines removal instructions.
pump timing marks.