(18) Place the governor arm (86) in position
with the fork for the governor linkage hook facing
measure the roller-to-roller dimension. If roller-
the end plate. Insert pivot shaft (85) with the knife
to-roller dimension is not 1.964 0.0005 inch, ad-
edge facing the end plate and assemble the two
seals (82 and 84) and nuts (81 and 82). Tighten the
nuts simultaneously to a torque of 20 to 25 inch-
(19) Install a new seal (122) on the hydraulic
Turning screw clockwise increases the
head. Rotate the cam ring so that the unthreaded
roller-to-roller dimension. Turning
hole is in line with the metering valve bore to in-
screw counterclockwise reduces roller-
sure proper positioning of the cam. Apply a light
film of clean grease around the inside edge of the
atop the hydraulic head, making sure that the rotat-
ion arrow paints clockwise.
Do not use force. If the hydraulic head
(11) Place the governor weight retainer (119)
should cock `during insertion, withdraw
over the drive of the distributor rotor. Make sure
and start over.
that the assembly marks on the weight retainer and
the rotor align with each other. Install retaining
(20) Grasp the hydraulic head firmly in both
hands and insert it into the housing with a slight
Use care when inverting the hydraulic
head, as the rotor not retained and
could easily fall out.
Make sure that the assembly is wrung into
(12) Invert the hydraulic head in the holding
position past the hydraulic head seal (122).
fixture so that the governor weight retainer engages
Failure to do this may result in leakage.
(13) Lift the hydraulic head slightly so that
(21) Rotate the hydraulic head until the head
its inside face aligns with the rotor end and install
locking screw holes are aligned. Install head lock-
retainers (117). Install retainging (116).
ing screws (136 and 137) finger tight.
(14) Insert the transfer pump liner (72) into
(22) Invert the pump and holding fixture in the
the hydraulic head so that the large slot is in line
vise so that the bottom faces up.
with the head locating screw hole and the letter `C",
which signifies pump rotation, is up. This will cor-
(23) Install seals (107) and head locating screw
rectly position the liner locating sick to accept the
end plate locating pin.
(24) Install seals on piston plugs (96 and 108).
(15) Carefully insert the transfer pump blades
(71) and springs (70) taking care to to cock them.
(25) Install piston ring seal (110) and piston
Rotate the liner several times to check for freedom
of movement. Return the liner to the correct position.
(26) Install cam advance screw (105) using
(16) Install transfer pump seal (68).
tool number 15500 and 15499 and torque to 400 inch-
pounds. Install seal (104) and plug (103).
(17) Slip the head and rotor assembly, drive
end up, into the holding fixture. Place the six gover-
(27) Using the piston ring installing tool (part
nor weights (113) in their sockets with the slots
number 16199), slide power piston plug (108) over
facing the bore of the assembly. Place the thrust
sleeve washer (115) against the thrust sleeve (114)
so that the camfered edge faces the sleeve. Insert
the forefinger into the bore of the sleeve and washer,
(28) Install spring (99), shim (100), piston
holding them together, and insert them into the slots
(101), and slide washer (102) into plug (96). Install
of the governor weights by tilting the weights slightly
seal (98) onto plug (96).
back The two slots on the thrust sleeve flange should
face up. Sight across the tops of the assembled
weights to ascertain correct positioning. One weight
(29) Install plugs (96 and 108) with their assem-
higher than others indicates incorrect assembly of
bled parts into the housing and torque to 215 to 265
the thrust washer.