(4) Insert regulating sleeve assembly into the
(7) Install delivery valve (133) making surc
that it moves freely in its bore. Install spring (132)
bore in end plate (66).
and stop (131). Install screw (130) and torque to 85-
(5) Fit the transfer pump thrust plate (67) on
the end plate (66).
The screw (130) has one end which is re-
lievcd to clear the delivery stop. Be sure
The thrust plate may be reversed if one
that this end faces the stop.
side appears worn or scratchcd. A small
amount of grease may be used to hold
the thrust plate in place.
(8) Place the hydraulic head and rotor in the
holding fixturc. Insert plungers (127) into the rotor
bores. Install shoes (126), rollers (125) lnd leaf
Do not use force when inserting rotor,
(9) Adjust roller-to-roller dimension as
Binding may be caused by the presence
of foreign particles. If rotor binds, with-
follows: (See figurc 3-20)
draw it, rinse the rotor and hydraulic
head in clean fuel and attempt to assem -
(a) Apply clean, dry air at 30 to 100 pounds
per square inch by means of a suitable fitting to any
one of the head outlets.
(6) Immerse rotor (135) and hydraulic head
(134) in clean oil and assemble with it slight rotary
(b) Rotate the rotor until the rollers are
pushed to their extreme outward position.
Adjusting Fuel Injection Pump Roller-to-Roller Dimension