(23) Lift head and rotor assembly and
(12) Remove and discard control spring pin
shake delivery valve stop (131), spring (132), and
delivery valve (133) into the hand. If delivery valve
sticks, remove using extractor. Discard delivery
(13) Discard seals (74 and 77), control rod
guide (75) and washer (76).
(24) Using a small-bladed screwdriver or
a dull scribe, disengage and remove the rotor retain-
er snap ring (116). This releases the rotor retainers
which should now be moved outward as far as possitble
Use care not to bend control rod.
to clear the rotor.
(14) Disengage governor spring (80) from the
governor arm (86), then remove the governor spring
and control rod assembly (79).
When the rotor retainers are removed, the
rotor is no longer retained in the head.
(15) Remove the metering valve (93) and arm
assembly (91) from the hydraulic head.
(25) Gently lift the hydraulic head off the
(16) Remove head locking screws (136 and
distributor rotor (135). Invert the hydraulic head and
137) from the pump housing (152).
shake out the rotor retainers (117).
(17) Invert pump and holding fixture as a unit
and remove head locating screw (106), advance screw
(26) Lift off the cam ring (121). Check and
record the roller-to-roller dimension as instructed
hole plug (103 ). Remove the advance spring and
in the assembly procedures. This dimension should
power piston plugs (96 and 108). Using the cam ad-
be 1.9640 0.0005 inches. Remove rollers (125),
vance screw removal bushing, part number 15500,
and the Bristol socket cam advance screw wrench,
shoes (126), plungers (127), and leaf springs (124).
part number 15499, remove the cam advance screw
Discard spring screws (123).
The sides of the housing just above the
Do not handle rotor shank.
advance bears a `C" denoting clockwise
pump rotation as viewed from the drive
end. The power side of the piston is
(27) Remove governor weight retainer snap
ring (118) with snap ring pliers.
located on the "C" side of a clockwise
(28) The flexible retaining ring (120) should
(18) Invert the holding fixture in the vise.
be replaced whenever the pump is disassembled. In-
Grasp the hydraulic head firmly in both hands and
sert the snap ring plier, in the closed position, under
the edge of the retaining ring between only two of the
withdraw with a slight rotary motion. Use caution
not to drop the governor weights (113).
rivets. Spread the pliers while applying pressure in
an upward direction. A slight twisting motion will
(19) To disassemble the governor, invert the
snap the ring off the rivet. Repeat the process until
hydraulic head and rotor assembly and let the gover-
the retaining ring is free from all rivets. Discard the
nor weights (113), governor thrust sleeve (114) and
governor thrust sleeve washer (115) fall into your
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(20) Place the hydraulic head assembly on
(1) Inspect all springs, bores, grooves, and
pump holding fixture so that the governor weight re-
seal seats for wear, breakage, or damage. Repair or
tainer (119) engages the bar on the fixture.
replace as necessary.
(21) Remove pivot shaft nut (81) and seal (83)
(2) Carefully inspect transfer pump blades
from one side of pivot shaft (85). Slide pivot shaft
for chipping on any edges, pitting, imbedded foreign
out one side of the housing and lift out governor arm
particles, or wear on the rounded ends. Visually
check flat surfaces for scores. Determine blade wear
by measuring the length (0. 538 inches minimum).
(22) Using a 5/32 inch Allen wrench, loosen
the delivery valve retainer screw (130) and remove
Do not handle the rotor shank. Do not force
the plungers into their bore.