Figure 3-43. Fan and fan hub, removal and installation.
b. Procedure Before Installing Turbocharger.
(1) Service the air cleaner.
While the turbocharger is off the
(2) Replace engine lubricating oil filter
engine, keep all intake and exhaust
elements. Renew lubricating oil in the oil
manifold openings covered. This
will prevent foreign objects from
(3) Check exhaust manifold for cracks,
foreign material, condition of manifold
gaskets, tightness of manifold capscrews,
and flatness of the exhaust manifold
engine is gin put into operation.
turbocharger mounting pad.
(4) Check intake manifold and air inlet elbow
and hose for cracks, foreign material,
if the engine has been run. Remove the
condition of manifold mounting gaskets,
and torque of the manifold capscrews.
(2) Remove the air cleaner to turbocharger
(5) Completely remove oil inlet and oil drain
lines. Examine for sludge or clogging and
clean if necessary. Any oil inlet or drain
(3) Remove exhaust outlet and diffuser.
line found crimped or dented enough to
(4) Remove oil inlet hose.
restrict oil flow must be replaced.
(5) Disconnect and remove the oil drain line.
(6) Replace all deteriorated oil hose
(6) Disconnect the turbocharger to intake
(7) Make certain all air and oil how clamps
(7) Remove stud nuts and washers attaching
turbocharger to exhaust manifold.
(8) Remove the turbocharger assembly.