ACTUATOR CABLE MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
T o o l s
General Mechanics Tool Kit
(item 2, appendix B)
Generator Set 150 kW shut
Automotive Fuel and Electrical System Repair, Tool Kit
(item 3, appendix B)
Load bank (item 19, appendix B)
Disconnect the negative battery cable first and then the positive battery termi-
nal cables. Failure to observe this warning could result in severe personal Injury
Tag all cables prior to removal to ensure correct connection of the cables during
1. Remove unit hood assembly (1, figure 5-49) as instructed in paragraph 4.14.
2. Remove knurled nut (32) from pick-up (31) and remove plug connector 1J13 (33) with pick-up cable (7).
3. Loosen locknut (30) and unscrew pick-up (31) from flywheel housing (29) of diesel engine (2).
When installing pick-up (31) care must be exercised to align a tooth of flywheel
gear (28) in the center of hole that houses the pick-up.
1. Gently thread pick-up (31) into flywheel housing (29). until it rests on top of tooth (28) of flywheel.
2. Rotate pick-up (31) back off top of tooth (28) one half turn.