ARMY TM 9-6115-464-12
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-1
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-12
Section XX. PARALLELING CABLE
GENERAL. The paralleling cable is a 25 foot, four conductor, flexible, heat and oil resistant cable. It is used
to interconnect governor and voltage paralleling circuits of generator sets operating in parallel (precise sets only).
4-93 MAINTENANCE OF PARALLELING CABLE.
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean paralleling cable (Figure 4-54) with filtered compressed air and an electricians brush or wipe
with a clean, lint-free cloth lightly moistened with an approved solvent.
(2) Visually inspect paralleling cable for chafing, deterioration, and other damage.
(3) Check electrical connectors for bent or broken pins, stripped or damaged threads, cracks, corrosion
and other damage.
(1) Test individual wires for continuity with an ohmmeter or continuity light.
(2) Check between pins of each terminal for short circuits.
Do not use acid core solder on electrical wiring. Equipment damage could
result if caution is not observed.
Repair. Replace damaged wires or connectors as follows:
(1) Loosen saddle clamp screws (Figure 4-54).
(2) Tag wires and unsolder connections.
(3) Install replacement parts and solder connections.
(4) Lighten saddle clamp screws.
Figure 4-54. Repair of Paralleling Cable