2. Mounting bolts (4)
3. Mounting bracket
4. Electrical terminal (5)
5. Flywheel housing
Figure 3-7. Electric Starter
1. 120VAC outlet
2. Latches (2)
5. Load terminal board
3. Load terminal cover 6. Load terminal (4)
3-17. AC OUTPUT CONTROL BOX ASSEMBLY.
a. Inspect (see figure 3-8).
(1) Control Box Assembly. Check box assembly
for cracks, dents, or other physical damage. Inspect
to see that covers (1) for both 120 volt ac outlets
operate properly. Check latches (2) securing load
terminal board cover (3). Check to see that cover (3)
check that clamp (17) attaching dust cap (18) to house-
for load terminal board opens and closes properly.
Check to see that electrical connecters (4) are clean
and securely mounted.
(2) Load Terminal Board Assembly. Check con-
dition of load terminal board (5) and load terminals
(6) for cleanliness and tightness. Make certain that
the load leads are secured to terminals.
3-18. AIR CLEANER ASSEMBLY.
a. Inspect on Equipment (see figure 3-9). On ASK
equipped generators, open AIR INTAKE and AIR CLEANER
(1) Housing. lnspect housing (8) for dirt, grease,
dents or other physical damage. Check to see that
housing is securely attached to bracket assembly (1).
Figure 3-8. AC Output Control Box Assembly
ing is secure and arrows on dust cap are pointing up.
check that two clamps (7) holding cold weather
operation intake hose (19) are secure.
(2) Bracket Assembly. Inspect bracket assembly
(1) to see that it is securely fastened to generator
housing (2). check that capscrews (3) and lockwashers
(4) which attach bracket to generator housing, and
three spacers (5) are in place.
(3) Inlet Shutter (see figure 3-10). Check inlet
shutter (6) to see that it slides easily from COLD
WEATHER to NORMAL WEATHER position and back.
(4) Air Flow Indicator (see figure 3-10). Check
air flow indicator (7) for dirt, grease, or physical