(11) Insert a wire of sufficient stiffness in
(18) Inspect fan for cracks, corrosion, bent
blades and other damage.
hold the brushes (20) depressed into the brush-
(19) Inspect bearings for pitting, excessive
wear, and other damage.
(12) Install the rotor (50) with assembled
front head (49) into rear head (11), assembled to-
(20) Inspect head assemblies (11 and 49) for
gether with rectifier and stator assembly (40).
cracks, breaks, and corrosion.
(13) Install thru bolts (10).
(21) Inspect all threads for crossing, stripp-
ing, and peening.
(14) Remove wire, inserted in step 3-5d. (11).
(1) Install positive diode rectifier assembly
bly (41 ) onto stator assembly (43) and solder diode
proceeding with assembly.
(2) Using a driver which exerts pressure on
(15) Install capacitor and clamp assembly (27),
the inter race only, install front bearing (52 ) into
screw (25), washers (26), lockwasher (24) and nut
front head (49) and secure with snap ring (51).
(23). Install nuts (22 and 21).
(3) Install cover (54) and support rear bear-
(16) Install capacitor and clamp assembly (28)
ing area of rotor assembly (50) on a suitable press
and brush lead (15).
and fit assembled front head and bearing over rotor
shaft. Using a driver which exerts pressure on the
(17) Install ventilated cover band (9) with
inner race sly, press front head down until front
bearing contacts cover (54) on rotor shaft.
(4) Support front of rotor assembly shaft on
(18) Install all electrical leads that were
tagged and disconnected during disassembly in step
a suitable press. Using a driver which contacts the
inner race only, press rear bearing (53) onto rotor
shaft until it contacts shoulder on shaft. Remove
(19) Install washer (5), fuse holder (3), and
rotor assembly from press.
nut (4). Resolder leads to fuse holder.
(5) Install spacer (48), woodruff key (47), fan
(20) Install fuse (7) and cap (6).
(46), pulley (45), and nut (44). Torque nut to 35 to 50
(6) Fit front part of insulating bushings (36,
37, 38, and 39) over rectifier studs.
Install test leads as indicated in e.(2)
(7) Position stator and rectifier assembly (40)
into rear head assembly (11).
(8) Install rear part of insulating bushings (36,
37, 38 and 39) and washers (31, 32, 33, and 34).
graph e. (2) below prior to completing
(9) Install brushholder (19), insulating plate
(1) Manufacture test leads as follows:
Insure that the contour of the brushes
(a) From No. 8 or No. 10 insulated wire,
correspond to the contour of the com -
cut three lengths, one 10 inches long and two 5 inches
mutator when installing brushes in the
(10) Install brush and spring assemblies (20)
(b) Strip both ends of all three leads and
in brushholder (19).