4-24 JACK, LEVELING-SUPPORT MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
(item 1, Appendix B)
Trailer handbrakes set and front support
leg/landing leg lower; paragraph 2-3.2.1.
Both generator sets shut down; paragraph
Nut, Self-locking, General Purpose
Fitting, Lubrication (if Needed)
Before removing trailer leveling-support jack, support rear of trailer with jack stands.
Failure to observe this warning can cause severe personal injury or death.
1. Support rear of trailer with jack stands.
2. Turn leg base (11, Figure 4-23) to take weight off leg prop.
3. Remove either one of two cotter pins (16) or (6) from pivot shaft (15) and discard.
4. Hold leg base (11) steady and remove pivot shaft (15) with remaining cotter pin (16) or (6) in place.
5. Lift leg base (11) slightly to take weight off retaining pin (10) and remove retaining pin (10). Move leg
base (11) and attached parts out of bracket (7).
6. Remove two self-locking nuts (4), four flat washers (5) and (8), and two bolts (9).
7. Remove self-locking nut (3), two flat washers (2) and (14), and bolt (13). Remove bracket (7) from
trailer chassis (1).