ARMY TM 9-6115-464-12
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-1
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-12
4-75 CONVENIENCE RECEPTACLE AND CIRCUIT BREAKER.
(1) Remove screws (1, Figure 4-48) and carefully pull convenience receptacle box out from generator
(2) Remove screws (2) and carefully pull convenience receptacle and circuit breaker away from box (17).
(3) Tag and disconnect electrical leads from convenience receptacle and circuit breaker.
(4) Remove nuts (3) and screws (4 and 5) to remove cover (6) and gasket (7).
(5) Remove nuts (8) and screws (9) to remove receptacle (10).
(6) Remove nut (11) and tooth lockwasher (12) to remove circuit breaker (13) from bracket (14).
(7) Remove screw (16) to disconnect wire (15) from circuit breaker (13).
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean convenience receptacle with filtered compressed air and a soft bristle brush or wipe with a
clean, lint-free cloth lightly moistened with an approved solvent.
(2) Visually inspect convenience receptacle for cracks, breaks, corrosion, bent terminals, burns or other
indications of damage.
(3) Inspect cover for cracks, corrosion, damaged spring, and damaged or deteriorated gasket.
(4) Inspect circuit breaker for cracks, corrosion, and other damage.
(5) Using an ohmmeter or similar device, test circuit breaker as follows:
(a) Pull out circuit breaker button and check for open circuit across terminals. Ohmmeter shall indi-
cate open circuit.
(b) Depress circuit breaker button and check for continuity across terminals. Ohmmeter shall indi-
(6) Check all threads for crossing, stripping and other damage.
(7) Replace any defective parts.
(1) Connect electrical lead (15, Figure 4-48) to circuit breaker (13) and install screw (16).
(2) Mount circuit breaker (13) in bracket (14) and secure with tooth lockwasher (12) and nut (11).
(3) Install receptacle (10), screws (9) and nuts (8).
(4) Install gasket (7), cover (6), screws (5 and 4) and nuts (3).
(5) Connect electrical leads to convenience receptacle and circuit breaker.
(6) Position bracket (14) in box (17) and secure with screw (2).
(7) Attach convenience receptacle box to generator set and secure with screws (1).