Figure 13-33. Engine Front Support, Exploded View
(5) Disconnect fuel inlet hose coupling at fuel
filters, then move and secure hose away
from work area.
(6) Remove six screws securing ether line
support clamps to engine, then loosen ether
line fittings from manifolds and solenoid
valve (located on upright support) to
remove ether lines. Store ether lines in a
safe place to avoid damaging them.
(7) Disconnect two bypass oil filter hose
couplings from tee on oil pan.
(8) Disconnect bypass oil filter inlet hose
coupling at top of rear bypass oil filter, then
remove six screws securing bypass oil filter
support bracket to engine block to remove
bypass oil filter assembly.
(9) Remove two support brackets (31, figure
13-34) from generator end of oil pan by
removing screws (1), lockwashers (2),
washers (3), screws (29), and lockwashers
(10) Remove two screws and washers securing
battery cable clamps to engine. Using a
suitable rope or cord, tie battery cables to
upper engine block out of the way of the
(11) Remove 45 screws (24), lockwashers (25),
and washers (26), and drop oil pan (32).
(12) Remove three screws (8), lockplate (9),
assembly (22), and remove oil pan.
(13) Remove all gasket material from oil pan