T . O . 35C2-3-446-2
(5) Remove main load contactor and special
Make a final, thorough check to ascertain
that the engine is completely disconnected
(2), flat washers (3) and screws (4) to remove rear
from the generator set prior to attempt-
housing support (5).
ing to hoist it clear.
flat washers (8).
(9) Carefully move the engine up and forward
until generator coupling disc clears engine flywheel
(8) Remove screw (9), lockwasher (10), flat
washer (11) and standoff (12 ) to remove top relay
b. Installation. Install engine assembly in re-
verse order of removal procedures, with following
(9) Remove nuts (14), lockwashers (15),
screws (16) and flat washers (17) to remove right
(1) Alignment pins with 5/8 inch headless bolt
snould be screwed into holes in the flywheel to facili-
(10) Remove nuts (19), lockwashers (20),
screws (21) and flat washers (22) to remove left re-
lay table (23).
(2) To install engine, use a suitable lifting
device to lift engine by the hooks located on the
(11) Remove screw (24), lockwasher (25) and
access cover (26).
(3) Tighten down engine bolts located in front
of the engine to secure alignment. Torque according
and air inlet screen (29).
(13) Install engine support bracket (30), flat
washer (31), lockwasher (32) and nut (33).
(14) Remove screws (34), lockplates (35), and
pressure plates (36).
(1) Refer to the Operator and Organizational
Maintenance Manual and accomplish the following:
tool box and install into generator.
(a) Remove rear housing assembly, doors,
top panel, and grille.
(b) Tag and disconnect wiring harnesses
from control cubicle and relay table components.
Do not use a lifting device of less than
1000 lb. capacity.
(16) Attach a lifting device to generator lifting
Record location and position of wiring har-
ness support clamps prior to removal to
(17) Remove screws (38), lockwashers (39),
washers (43 ).
(2) Tag and disconnect generator leads to volt-
age reconnection board.
(18) Carefully lift generator while moving it to
the rear until coupling disc clears engine flywheel
Record routing of generator leads through
(1) Install generator assembly in reverse order
of removal instructions.
(3) Tag and disconnect electrical leads between
(2) Torque lock plate attaching screws (34,
voltage reconnection board and load terminal board.
(4) Remove voltage reconnection board (see
(3) Torque mouting screws and nuts (42 and
the Operator and Organizational Maintenance Manual).