Servicing the Engine Oil Filter
(5) Close the oil pan drain valve and install
d. Oil Filter Service.
the drain plug.
(1) Thoroughly clean the oil filter casings and
(6) Refer to paragraph d. below and service
the surrounding area.
the oil filter.
allow the oil to drain into a suitable container.
the dipstick with oil as specified in the Lubrication
(3) Remove center screw (2) and sealing
(8) Operate the engine until the coolant
reaches normal operating temperature.
(4) Remove cap (4), gasket (5), spring (6),
and filter element (7) from filter body (8). Discard
gasket and filter element.
(5) Install replacement filter element (7) into
Make sure that the proper side of the
filter body (8).
dipstick is checked.
(6) Install spring (6), replacement gasket (5)
(9) Check the oil level and add oil as necessary
and cap (4) and secure with washer (3) and center
to bring it to the FULL level on the dipstick.
Screw (2). Tighten center screw securely to prevent
(7) Install drain plug (1) and tighten securely.
(10) Inspect the engine for oil leaks. Repair as
and does not require lubrication