to withdraw the hub from the camshaft
(10) Remove the setscrew (35) from the
operating shaft spring hub (36).
(11) Withdraw the operating lever shaft (93)
and spring hub.
d. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(12) Remove the end cap (81).
(1) Clean all parts thoroughly with an
approved cleaning solvent. Air-blow dry.
(13) Unscrew the four fastening screws from
the bearing retaining plate (19) and
(2) Handle parts as little as possible with bare
carefully pull out the operating parts from
fingers. Lubricate all parts lightly with
the governor housing.
perspiration acids. Ordinary clean engine
(14) Remove the operating lever shaft
oil is suitable if preservation oil is not
(3) Gaskets, seals, fastening screws, nuts
(15) Withdraw the spring seat inner and outer
and washers are to be replaced if worn or
spring spacers (31 and 32 and inner and
outer springs (29 and 30), and sleeve.
(4) Drive and driven gear should be
(16) The fulcrum lever is then disengaged
examined for wear or broken teeth and
from the sleeve (101).
replaced if necessary, (5) Ball bearings
(17) Remove the weight lubricating plunger
should be examined for excessive wear or
(11) and spring (12). Remove the nut,
roughness, Replace if not in good
lockwasher and driven gear (15).
(18) Use an arbor press to remove shaft (27)
(6) Springs must be free from nicks, rust
from the ball bearing (20) and bridge.
spots or signs of corrosion. Replace if
(19) Remove the bearing plate (21) and ball
bearing from the bridge.
(7) Sliding sleeve assembly (101, fig. 20)
(20) Use arbor press to remove the weight pins
must be inspected for wear in grooves.
Check thrust washer face for wear and
Caution. Weight pin has one end of
freeness. Check bushing for wear.
greater diameter than the other.
(8) Flyweights must move freely on weight
(21) Press out weight bushings (24).
assembly can be removed from the
(9) Fulcrum yoke assembly should be
injection pump camshaft extension by
checked for wear or pivot pins, bushings,
removing the hex nut (10) and lock
control rack linkage and link pin.
(10) The stop plate must be tight on operating
(23) Remove the securing nut (10) using
lever shaft (93).
special wrench Service Tool TSE 7919.
(11) The maximum fuel stop plate assembly
The camshaft is prevented from turning
(68) should be inspected for any wear by
by the use of the coupling wrench TSE
the torque cam (50). The threaded stud
7913 on the drive coupling on the
and guide pin must be firmly fastened to
opposite end of the camshaft. With the
the stop plate.
securing net remove, the lock washer,
(12) The surface on the face of the gear
spring discs (5 and 7), adjusting spacer
contacted by the clutch disc (5) must be
(4) or spacers and drive gear may be
smooth. Discs must be replaced if worn
(24) Use special puller, Service Tool TSE
7920, which is threaded on to the hub (2)