(16) The internal mechanism consisting of the
weight and fulcrum lever assembly should
be placed in the governor housing.
(1) Install the governor on a calibrated fuel
Locate the plate (19) on the dowel pins
injection pump which is mounted on a test
(100) and secure.
stand. Reference to full load delivery in
the following instructions is the maximum
The fastening screws are to be wired
control rack setting and delivery used for
together vertically on either side of the
(2) Move stop plate (68, fig. 20) to prevent
Note. The cut-away portion of the
plate must face downward.
retract bumper springs (70) with screw to
(17) Slide the operating lever shaft (93) into
place and secure the hub and spring
assembly on the shaft with the setscrew
(3) Operate test stand at maximum governed
(18) Fasten the governor to the injection pump
34h, holding operating lever (86)
engaging the pin (45) into the control rack
of the injection pump.
(19) To set the proper spring spacing, remove
the string seat (33) together with the outer
spring from the shaft.
Use spring gap gage TSE 7939. The
holes in the spring seat are not used when
setting the spring gap (fig.
(20) The inner spring gap is measured with the
outer spring removed.
spring seat and place the gap gage over
the spring compartment.
thumb screw on the gap gage and bottom
the prongs on the spring seat until the
seat touches the inner spring. Tighten the
thumb screw and measure the distance
that the prongs protrude in the gap gage.
This measurement is the inner spring gap
and should be 0.068 inch. Add or remove
spacers to obtain the correct gap.
(21) The outer spring should have no gap and
is measured in the same manner as the
It is not necessary to
remove the inner spring when measuring
the outer spring gap.
(22) With the spring gaps properly determined,
install and secure the end cap (81).
(23) Install the control lever adjusting screws.
Figure 21. Measuring inner spring
(24) The covers and inspection cover with
gasket can be installed after the governor
has been tested and adjusted.