(7) Secure the weights to the shaft by
e. Reassembly of Governor.
pressing the weight pin into position.
(1) After the parts have been cleaned,
inspected and replaced where necessary,
the governor can be reassembled.
Note. Position the weight pin so
(2) The clearance between the drive gear hub
that the center lubricating groove is
directly in line with the weight shaft
checked. With ample clean lubricating oil
spider lubricating hole.
between the hub and the drive gear, the
latter should rotate freely and easily
(8) The ball bearing (20) is a press fit on the
without binding in any position.
shaft (27) and a slip fit into the bridge
necessary, the gear and its hub may be
lapped slightly to provide a non-binding
(9) Install new weight lubricating plunger (11)
assembly. Reassemble the component
and spring (12). Assemble the driven
parts of the clutch assembly. The drive
gear on the shaft and secure with
gear and clutch assembly is mounted on
lockwasher and hex nut.
the extending camshaft taper. No key is
washer against all sides of hex nut (13).
used, although a keyway is provided in
(10) Slide the sleeve assembly (101) over the
the camshaft taper.
shaft with the ball bearing end first.
(3) Install a 0.035 inch spacer (6) between
(11) Slide the inner spring (30) over the shaft
the two spring discs. With the securing
and the outer spring (20) over the inner
nut firmly tightened, the clutch tension
spring. Install the spring seat (33).
should be carefully checked. The friction
surfaces of the drive gear and the spring
(12) The forks of the fulcrum lever (41) have
disc must be well lubricated with oil.
two positions for the pivot pins (42). The
upper holes are for governors requiring 10
(4) The gear should rotate with a steady pull
percent regulation. The lower holes are
of 4 1/4-5 foot-pounds. A one foot lever,
for governors requiring 5 percent
Service Tool, TSE 7947, is used to
measure this pull with the spring scale
Install the pivot pins in the lower holes.
The fulcrum pivot pins are a press fit from
inside the fulcrum lever.
Note. If checked on test stand, run
(13) With the control rack link (44) facing the
pump at 160 rpm.
weights, assemble the fulcrum lever to the
weight shaft with the pivot pins in the
(5) The drive gear should move through a
grooves of the sliding sleeve (101).
complete revolution on its hub with
(14) Install the hub (36) and spring (34) to the
The gear should
fulcrum lever assembly so that the spring
revolve without clutching with a pull of 4
ends straddle the lever bracket bar. The
1/4 to 5 pounds. If tension is too great,
spring ends must firmly grip the bracket
install another spacer, or if the gears
bar and lip on the hub.
move too freely, remove spacers to give
(15) If necessary to install new control shaft
the proper slippage.
bearing (65), press into the housing with
thicknesses are available 0.035 inch,
Service Tool 7935 and ream with reamer
0.049 inch and 0.065 inch.
TSE 7940. Oil seals (94) should be
(6) Press bearing (24) into flyweights (25).
soaked in oil and pressed in with Service
Note. A two step reamer with pilot,
Tool TSE 7938.
Service Tool TSE 7955, is used to ream
the bronze bearing.