It is important that an equal amount of fuel is delivered
(9) AA the most accurate calibration is
to each engine cylinder and at the correct time.
desirable at full load speed, variation
Worn delivery valve will show wide
between pumping elements should not
variation at full load speed and very little variation
exceed 3 percent at full load speed and
12 percent at low idle. On a used pump it
at low idle speed. Badly worn delivery valve will
is permissible to go slightly above 12
usually show increases in fuel delivery at full load
percent on low idle.
(10) Test stand should be run with pump at full
(1) Mount injection pump on the test stand.
load position (875 rpm) for several
(2) Pump delivery requirements are as
minutes or until all air is out of system and
calibrating oil is warmed up if test stand is
in a cold room.
Note. Nozzles in test stand must be
in perfect condition at all times or the
pump cannot be calibrated properly.
(11) If fuel draw shows considerable variation,
the nozzles should be removed and the
high and low ones switched to make
certain that the variation is not in the
If different nozzles show
variation on the same plunger or injection
pump, they will have to be repaired and
(12) When attaching pump to test stand,
(3) Fuel rack setting is the distance from the
always connect fuel lines to pump and
flywheel end of the pump housing to the
leave nozzle lines disconnected until
end of the fuel rack. The fuel rack end
pump is run several minutes to flush out
must be within 0.005 inch of specified
pump and fuel lines.
setting. Use a 2inch depth mike.
(13) Add one pint of OE-30 lubrication oil to
(4) Use holder assembly number AKB 50SD
Do not use
150F adjusted to 2500 psi. Use Nozzle
assembly ADN 8S2-C and 1/4 X 0.120 X
(14) Check and record the fuel flow of each
0.20 tubing. Use TSE-76141 calibrating
cylinder. Check the variation between
oil or equivalent.
(5) Calibrating oil temperature is to be 110 to
(15) Make adjustments as necessary to bring
the variation within the specified limits.
(6) In order to obtain an accurate calibration,
Loosen the gear segment clamping
it is advisable to run a minimum of 250
screws (57, fig. 15). Hold the gear
strokes. Run 500 strokes whenever fuel
segment with a screw driver and adjust
delivery is less than 75 cc.
the sleeve with close fitting pin, part
(7) All data is given for a transfer pump fuel
number TSE 7695, or equivalent.
pressure of approximately 15 psi.
(16) The fuel flow is increased by turning the
(8) Variation percentage is calculated by
sleeve to the right. To decrease the fuel
taking the difference between the highest
flow, turn the sleeve in the opposite
and the lowest fuel draw and dividing the
highest number into the variation.
Example: Highest draw-86cc
Lowest draw-81 cc
Variation: - 5 cc (5.6%)
Integrated Publishing, Inc.
9438 US Hwy 19N #311 Port Richey, FL 34668
Phone For Parts Inquiries: (727) 755-3260