5-7 ELECTRICAL LEADS W3 - W8 MAINTENANCE.
This task covers: a. Test
Tool Kit, General Mechanics
(item 1, appendix B)
Multimeter (item 3, appendix B)
Both generator sets shut down; paragraph
Crimping Tool, Hydraulic
(item 4, appendix B)
2-5.3.3. Trailer handbrakes set, front support
leg/landing leg lowered, and rear leveling-
-support jack lowered; paragraph 2-3.2.1.
Switch box cover open.
1. Check continuity of lead W3 between contactor terminal K1-A1 and switch box load terminal L1.
2. Check continuity of lead W4 between contactor terminal K1-B1 and switch box load terminal L2.
3. Check continuity of lead W5 between contactor terminal K1-C1 and switch box load terminal L3.
4. Check continuity of lead W6 between contactor terminals K1-A1 and K2-A1.
5. Check continuity of lead W7 between contactor terminals K1-B1 and K2-B1.
6. Check continuity of lead W8 between contactor terminals K1-C1 and K2-C1.
7. Repair or replace any lead that does not have continuity (figure G-1, appendix G).
Figure 5-8, Detail A, shows connections at K1 or K2. Detail B shows
connections at switch box load terminals.
1. Locate W3-W8 connections to terminals A1, B1, and C1 of contractors (13, figure 5-8 Detail A) and
remove four screws (5), lock washers (6), and contactor shield (7).