4-26 AN/MJQ-36 FENDER MAINTENANCE.
This task covers: a. Removal
Tool Kit, General Mechanics
(item 1, appendix B)
(item 2, appendix B)
Trailer handbrakes set, front support
leg/kmding leg lowered, and rear
leveling-support jack lowered; paragraph
Switch box removed (only if roadside fender is
being replaced); paragraph 4-13.
1. Remove wing nut (9, figure 4-26), two flat washers (10), nut (11), flat washer (12), ground cable (13),
and flat washer (14).
If fender is being replaced, fire extinguisher bracket and/or ground stud and
data plate must be removed and retained for installation on new fender. If
replacing roadside fender, perform steps 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. If replacing curbside
fender, perform steps 3,5, and 6.
2. Remove two nuts (15), lock washers (16), internal tooth lock washers (17), and ground stud (19).
3. Remove fire extinguisher bracket (paragraph 4-20).
4. Remove data plate (paragraph 4-22),
5. Remove four self-locking nuts (1), eight flat washers (2), and four cap screws (3).
6. Remove five self-locking nuts (4), ten flat washers (5), five cap screws (6), and fender (7).