ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
Section IV. LOAD BANK
The load bank is used to apply up to 50 percent of the generator rated load to prevent carbon buildup in the
engine due to light loads. It is a balanced three phase, air cooled, resistive load which maybe operated at
either 120/208 or 240/416 volts. Generator load is selected through the load selector switch in increments of
12.5 percent rated generator load.
5-20. CONTROL BOX ASSEMBLY.
a. Removal. Refer to the Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual for control box assembly removal
(1) Remove load selector switch, circuit breaker, and indicator light as instructed in the Operator and
Unit Maintenance Manual.
(2) Remove screw and captive washer assemlby (1, figure 5-14), and backup plate (2).
(3) Remove nut (3), screw & captive washer assembly (4), and branched wiring harness (5).
(4) Remove nut (6), screw & captive washer assembly (7), and branched wiring harness (12).
(5) Remove protective cap (8).
(6) Remove nut (9), and screw & captive washer assembly (10).
(7) Remove protective cap (11).
(8) Remove screw & captive washer (13), and load sensing module (14).
(9) Remove nut (15), tooth Iockwasher (16), mode selector switch (17), and nut (18).
(10) Remove nut (19), screw & captive washer (20), transformer (21), and chassis (22).
c. Cleaning, Inspection. and Repair.
Compressed air used for cleaning and drying purposes can create airborne particles
that may enter the eyes. Pressure shall not exceed 30 psig and use only with adequate
chip guards and chipping goggles. Failure to observe this warning could result in
servere personal injury or death.
Solvent, Dry Cleaning PD-680, Type II is flammable and moderately toxic to skin,
eyes and respiratory tract. Eyes and skin protection required. Good general ventilation
is normally adequate. Failure to observe this warning could result in servere personal
injury or death.
(1) Clean all electrical parts with filtered compressed air and a soft bristle brush. If necessary, remove
caked deposits with a clean, lint-free cloth moistened with solvent P-D-680 Type Il.
(2) Clean chassis and back plate with dry cleaning solvent (Federal Specification P-D-680) and dry
(3) Inspect load sensing module for cracks, corroded terminals, and burns or other evidence of shorting.