ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
5-10. HEATER ASSEMBLY.
Refer to the Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual for electric winterization kit heater assembly
5-11. COOLANT PUMP AND MOTOR ASSEMBLY.
a. Removal. Refer to the Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual for coolant pump and motor assembly
(1) Remove plug (1, figure 5-10), spring (2), and ball (3).
(2) Remove screws (4), port plate (5), O-ring (6), and cam ring (7).
Conspicuously mark port plate (5) and cam ring (7) to insure that they will be installed
properly during assembly.
(3) Remove setscrew (8), vane (9), rotor (10), and O-ring (11).
(4) Remove adapter (12), O-ring (13), seal cage (14), seal washer (15), and seal spring (16).
(5) Remove cap (17), and brush assembly (18) from motor assembly (19).
c. Cleaning. Inspectlon. and Repair.
Solvent, Dry Cleaning P-D-680, Type II is flammable and moderately toxic to skin,
eyes and respiratory tract. Eyes and skin protection required. Good general ventilation
is normally adequate. Failure to observe this warning could result in servere personal
injury or death.
(1) Clean motor assembly with a clean lint-free cloth moistened with solvent P-D-680 Type Il.
(2) Wash all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Federal Specification P-D-880) and dry thoroughly.
(3) Inspect and repair pump parts as outlined in paragraph 5-4c. (15) through c. (20).
d. Assemb!y. Assemble coolant pump and motor assembly procedures while observing the following:
Install seal spring (16) and seal washer (15) over end of motor shaft. Place o-ring (13) in seal cage
(14), then install seal cage over end of motor shaft with seal face facing forward.
Install adapter (12) over motor shaft and align holes with tapped holes in motor.
Install pump rotor (10) on motor shaft and temporarily tighten rotor setscrew (8). Place cam ring (7)
in position aligning scribe marks.
With motor shaft end play taken up in direction of pump, make certain there is at least 0.002 inch
clearances between outer face of cam ring and rotor. Loosen setscrew and position rotor if
necessary. Remove cam ring.
Install pump vanes (9) into rotor making sure that the grooves in the vane face the direction of
Pump rotates counterclockwise when viewed from the port plate end.