ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
3-23. FUEL INJECTION NOZZLE HOLDERS AND LINES.
a. Removal. Refer to the Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual for fuel injection nozzle holders and lines
(1) Unscrew spray cap (1, figure 3-25) and remove pintle holder (2) and pintle (3).
(2) Remove cap (4) and washer (5).
(3) Remove lock nut (6), adjusting screw (7), and washer (8) to remove spring (9) and spindle (10) from
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
Solvent, MIL-C-38736 is flammable and highly toxic to skin, eyes and respiratory tract.
Eye and skin protection required. Good general ventilation is normally adequate.
Failure to observe this warning could result in servere personal injury.
(1) Soak nozzle holder parts in solvent, Methy Ethyl Ketone (MEK), and dry with a clean, lint-free cloth.
(2) Soak nozzle holder parts in a container of clean fuel and dry with a clean, lint-free cloth.
(3) Inspect pintle, pintle holder and spray cap for cracks, corrosion, erosion from fuel flow and other
(4) Check body, spindle, and cap for cracks, corrosion, breaks, and other damage.
(5) Check spring for fretting, cracks, breaks, corrosion, and distortion.
(6) Check all threaded parts for cross, stripped, or otherwise damaged threads.
d. Repair. Repair nozzle holder by replacing defective parts.
(1) Install spindle (10, figure 3-25) and spring (9) into body (11).
(2) Install washer (8), adjusting screw (7) and locknut (6).
(3) Insert pintle (3) into pintle holder (2).
(4) Position pintle holder in body and secure with spray cap (1).
(5) Do not install washer (5) and cap (4) until after adjustment.
f. Testing and Adjustment.
(1) Install repaired nozzle holder on a standard static fuel nozzle testing fixture.
(2) Tighten adjusting screw all the way down.
(3) Apply fuel at 2500-2950 psig and slowly loosen adjusting screw until nozzle begins to open.
(4) Tighten locknut while holding adjusting screw with screwdriver.
(5) Lower fuel pressure. Nozzle holder assembly shall close.
(6) Slowly increase fuel pressure. Nozzle holder shall open at 2500-2950 psig.