ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
(o) At a pump speed of 200 rpm, repeat steps (n) and (o). Delivery shall be 2 mm3 maximum.
(p) Check minimum cranking speed delivery as follows:
1. Check transfer pump for 8 psig minimum and close the shutoff valve to gauge.
2. Check for 35 mm3 per stroke, minimum, at 75 rpm.
(q) Remove pump from test stand.
(1) Remove fuel injector nozzle from No. 1 cylinder.
(2) Turn the engine over until the 20 degree before top dead center (BTDC) mark on the flywheel is lined
up with the timing mark on the flywheel housing, and No. 1 cylinder is on compression stroke.
(3) Remove the timing hole cover on the injection pump and rotate the pump shaft until the timing marks
The pump shaft should never be turned backwards to align internal timing marks.
(4) Install pump on engine and install attaching hardware.
(5) Recheck flywheel timing marks then rotate the fuel pump body until the pump timing marks are
exactly in line. Tighten pump attaching nuts to 35 to 40 ft-lb.
After fuel injection pump is installed, rotate engine 180 degrees backwards. Then
rotate engine in correct rotation until 20° BTD timing marks on the flywheel appears in
flywheel timing hole and recheck pump timing marks.
(6) Install pump timing hole cover.
(7) Install fuel Injection lines.
New injection pumps received from supply have a high idle adjustment of 1,860 rpm for
60 HZ applications. Installation on 400 HZ generator sets requires resetting the high
idle adjustment screw (29, figure 3-21 ) to 2,250 rpm Adjustment is accomplished using
an engine speed tachometer, with actuator linkage (6, figure 3-20) disconnected, the
shutoff lever (21, figure 3-21 ) in the on-fuel condition, then manually operating the
throttle lever (35, figure 3-21 ) against high idle stop.
When replacing the fuel lines, always use new gaskets.
(8) Connect throttle linkage and stop control.
(9) Connect fuel supply and return lines.
(10) Replace No. 1 fuel injection nozzle in No. 1 cylinder.
(11) Bleed the air from the fuel system.