The high temperature cutout switch must be
removed and tested semiamually (500 hours),
(1) Using an oil pot tester and peanut oil, heat
oil to 394° ± 10 ° F (201° ± 5 ° C).
(2) Immerse threads and bottom surface of switch
in oil. After a minimum of 1 minute, use an ohm-
meter and check continuity between terminals on
(3) If continuity exists, replace with a new switch.
(4) Keep threads and bottom surface of switch in
oil and allow it to cool to 300° F (149° C ) minimum.
Repeat continuity check in (2) above.
(5) If continuity does not exist, replace with a
(1) Install switch (11) on engine and lock with
locking tab (12).
(2) Connect electrical leads (10) to switch ter-
(3) On ASK equipped generators, refer to Operator and
Organizational Maintenance Manual and replace exhaust
plenum and top panel assembly.