(2) Tag and disconnect battery cables and ground
cable from starter.
(3) Tag and disconnect wiring harness and elec-
trical leads from engine.
(4) Disconnect air cleaner hoses from shutter
assembly and intake manifold. Remove air cleaner
and bracket assembly from top of generator.
(5) Disconnect fuel line from fuel filter at fuel
check valve. Disconnect flexible fuel return line to
top of fuel injection pump.
(7) Disconnect and remove fuel tank.
(8) Disconnect speed adjustment assembly (see
figure 2-l). Loosen nut (1) and lockwasher (2) and
slide from bracket (5).
(9) Connect a suitable lifting device and support
(10) Disconnect engine from generator assembly.
See figure 2-2.
(a) Remove generator screen-guard. Refer to
(6) Disconnect oil drain hose from mounting on
Operator and Organizational Maintenance Manual.
skid-base and drain oil.
Figure 2-1. Speed Control Assembly