(6) Check coil assembly (60) for swelling of
7 through 10, figure 5-7) only as required to replace de-
encapsulated material, burns, and evidence of corro-
fective parts during inspection procedures.
(7) Check micro-switch (56) for cracks, corrosion,
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
burns, and evidence of shorting.
(1) Clean load terminal board with filtered compressed
(8) Check contacts of switches (41) for corrosion,
pitting, burns and other damage.
air and a soft bristle brush.
(9) Check connector (42) and wiring for cracks, stripped
(2) If necessary, wipe load terminal board assembly
or otherwise damaged threads, burned or chaffed insulation,
bare wires and other damage. Refer to Appendix A to
with a clean, lint-free cloth moistened with an approved
solder or repair wire and connector damage.
(10) Check all threads for crossing, stripping, peening
(3) Inspect load terminal board for warping, cracks,
and other damage.
damaged threads, corroded terminals, and burns.
(11) Discard gaskets (14,31 and 38), insulation (32),
and washer (59).
(4) Replace any damaged or defective parts.
(12) Repair minor thread damage to parts using thread
chaser. Discard hardware with thread damage.
d. Installation. Install load terminal board assembly
in reverse order of removal procedures.
(13) Remove minor pitting from contact surfaces of
bridge assemblies (22) with fine grit abrasive paper or a
fine file. Replace bridge assemblies if deeply pitted.
(14) Replace any parts found defective or damaged
(1) Tag and disconnect electrical leads from trans-
former winding terminals.
(1) Assemble main load contactor in reverse of dis-
(2) Tag generator leads and record their routing
(2) Torque screws (49 and 53) to 30 inch pounds.
5-7. LOAD TERMINAL BOARD ASSEMBLY. _
screws (3) and current boost transformer (4).
Lethal voltages are present at the load ter-
(4) Do not remove screw and washer assemblies
(5), flat washers (6) and mounting brackets (7) unless
operation. Do not attempt to perform main-
tenance on the load terminal board while
inspection reveals damage and replacement is necessary.
the generator set is in operation. Serious
electrical shock or death may result from
(5) Remove screw and washer assemblies (8), flat
failure to observe this warning.
(1) Tag and disconnect electrical leads to load termi-
nal board assembly.
and cross-current compensation transformer (14).
and plastic shield (3).
(7) Do not remove screw and washer assemblies (1 5),
flat washers (16) and mounting brackets (17) unless in-
move load connection terminal board assembly (6).
spection reveals damage and replacement is necessary.
b. Disassembly. Disassemble load terminal board (items