(3) Disconnect wiring harness connector from main
(d) Apply 24 Vdc to connector pins A and B (see
load contactor connector.
(4) Remove nuts (8) and screws (9) to remove main
toward the switch until the switch actuates.
(f) Remove 24 Vdc, and then apply again to in-
sure that the switch actuates properly.
(1) Thoroughly clean the exterior of the contactor with
a clean. lint-free cloth moistened with an approved sol-
(g) Remove 24 Vdc and replace 0.010 inch feeler
vent, Blow dust and dirt from crevices with compressed
gauge with 0.018 inch feeler gauge.
(h) Apply 24 Vdc again to check that the switch
(2) Remove locking spacers (20), lockwashers (11)
does not transfer.
and flat washers (12) to remove contact chamber (13)
and gasket (14).
(i) Readjust if necessary.
(3) Remove spacers (25) arc chutes (16). nuts (17).
(20) Adjust auxiliary contacts as follows: (see
lockwashers ( 18), flat washers ( 19), bushings ( 20).
springs (21), bridge assemblies (22), bushings (23)
and washers (24).
(a) Loosen nuts (4) and position lift comb (5) so
that the deflection on the guide leaf springs (6) is nearly
(4) Remove spacers (25). screws (26). screws (27).
equal in the energized and de-energized positions.
lockwashers (28). flat washers ( 29) to remove base
assembly (30), gasket (31) and insulation (32).
(b) Secure adjustment by tightening nuts (4).
(5) Remove screws (33). screws (34) and lock-
(c) Insert a 0.018 inch feeler gauge between the
washers (35) and remove solenoid assembly (36) from
guide rod head and the operator (point E).
cover assembly (37). Remove gasket (38).
(d) Using an ohmmeter to determine continuity.
(6) Remove screws (39) and Iockwashers (40) and
adjust the stationary contacts of the normally closed
remove switches (41) and connector (42) as an assembly.
contacts until they just touch the movable contacts
remove switch operators (45). Remove nuts (46).
(e) Replace the 0.018 inch feeler gauge with a 0.025
lockwashers (47) and screws (48) from operators (45).
inch feeler gauge and recheck for open circuit of normally
closed contacts. Readjust if necessary.
(8) Remove screws (49) to remove end frame (50).
spring (51) and core and rod assembly (52).
(f) The normally open contacts are adjusted the
same as the normally closed contacts except that shims
(9) Remove screws (53). frame and spacer (54).
are inserted into the core gap (point A).
screws (55). micro switch (56) and frame and spacer (57).
(10) Remove frame and core assembly (58) and
(20) and secure with flat washers (18), lockwashers (17)
washer (59) from coil assembly (60).
and screws (16).
c. Cleaning. Inspection and Repair.
(22) Install cover assembly (12) with receptacle
gasket (14) and base gasket (13) onto housing (15) and
(1) Clean all parts with a clean lint-free cloth moisten-
secure with flat washers (11), lockwashers (10). screws
ed with an approved solvent.
(9), lockwashers (8), and screws (7).
(2) Check terminal covers (4) and cover assembly
e. Installation. Install main load contactor in reverse
(37) for cracks, breaks and other damage.
order of removal procedures.
(3) Inspect contact chamber ( 13) and base assem-
5-6.1. MAINLOAD CONTACTOR (Effective with
bly (30) for cracks , breaks and other damage.
Serial Number RZ70001 and KZ00001 thru
(4) Inspect bridge assembly (22) for pitting.
corrosion, and other damage.
(5) Check core assembly (58), rod assembly (52).
and flat washers (3) to remove terminal covers (4). Remove
frame and spacers (54 and 57), and end frame (50)
nuts (5), lockwashers (6) and flat washers (7).
for cracks, breaks and other damage.
(2) Tag and disconnect electrical leads to terminals.