(18) Use a straight edge and check the block
(12) Check camshaft bearing bore diameter.
lengthwise, across each end and between cylinder
Diameter shall be 2.1870 to 2. 1880 inches.
bores for warping. Warpage shall not exceed 0.003
inch. Remove studs and guide pins and mill to a
(13) Visually inspect main bearing and cam-
maximum of 0.005 inch top of block to correct a
shaft bearing bore diameters for nicks and scratches.
slight warpage. If cylinder block is warped sufficient-
Remove nicks and scratches with oil-soaked abrasive
ly that milling would radically affect engine perfor-
mance, replace block.
(14) Check oil pump bore diameter. Diameter
(19) Check all internal threads for crossing,
shall be 2.0000 to 2. 0005 inches.
stripping, and peening. Clean or repair minor thread
damage. Repair extensively damaged threads by
(15) Inspect oil pump bore for nicks and
reaming, tapping and installing inserts.
scratches. Remove minor nicks and scratches by
polishing with crocus cloth.
Assembly and Installation.
(16) Inspect for broken or damaged studs. If
(1) Assemble and install cylinder block in re-
any studs are broken too short to allow removal,
verse order of removal and disassembly instructions.
center punch, drill, and use an easy out.
(17) Inspect all gasket surfaces for nicks,
(2) Prior to installation, mask all openings.
burrs, and scratches. Remove nicks, burrs, and
Treat and paint.
scratches with oil-soaked abrasive paper.