Section I. REPAIR OF GENERATOR SETS, CARGO TRUCKS AND TRAILERS
For repair of the 45KW generator sets refer to
For repair of the M200A1 trailer used with the
TM 5-6115-239-10, 20, and 35 (Model 4070), or
PU-407/M and PU-699/M generator sets, refer to
TM 9-2330-205-14, For repair of the M54A2
to TM 5-6115-247-15 and 35 (Model 54400). For
the 60KW generator set repair instructions, refer
truck used with the PU-408/M and PU-700/M
to TM 5-6115-425-12 and 35.
generator sets, refer to TM 9-2320-211-10.
Section II. REPAIR OF DISTRIBUTION BOX, PORTABLE DISTRIBUTION BOXES,
SYNCHRONIZER ASSEMBLY, SWITCHES AND WIRING
c. Lump Socket Assemblies, Removal and Re-
a. Circuit Breakers, Removal and Installation.
(1) Open distribution panel (a(2) above).
(2) Unsolder all leads of the defective socket
See MERDC drawing 13214E1365 for latest con-
assembly (open laced cable if necessary).
figuration for PU-407/M and PU-408/M; and
to 13216E7470 for PU-699/M and PU-700/M.
(3) Unscrew lens from face of panel, remove
lens and bayonet-type bulb, and unscrew threaded
If necessary, remove distribution box
collar holding socket to face of panel, and remove
(2) Release captive screw at top corners of
(4) Unscrew and remove nut, lockwasher
distribution panel and secure panel in open posi-
and flatwasher from back side of panel, and re
move defective lamp socket assembly.
(3) With screwdrivers on clip at top of de-
(5) Place replacement lamp socket assembly
fective circuit breaker, pry out on clip at top and
in panel; screw on threaded collar on face of
bottom until center clip is clear of bus bar.
panel, and flatwasher, lockwasher and nut to back
(4) Unscrew screw at bottom of circuit
of panel, draw nut up securely. Solder leads in
breaker and pull out the two wire leads.
same order as removed; add bulb and lens to face
(5) Place wire leads ((4) above) in position
on replacement circuit breaker and tighten hold-
d. Distribution Panel, Removal and Installa-
tion. To replace a worn or damaged distribution
(6) Snap replacement circuit breaker into
panel, proceed as follows:
place on panel (see that clip is fully engaged at
(1) Prop cover in open position and open dis-
top and bottom).
(7) Close panel and secure captive screws.
(2) Remove screws and ammeter, bezels,
b. Ammeters, Removal and Installation.
lens, bulbs and collars from face of panel (fig.
place faulty ammeters, open distribution panel
(a(2) above). Tag and remove wire leads and
(3) Remove nuts and washers and pull lamp
socket assemblies from panel. Also pull ammeters
panel, (Remove meter from back side; bezel from
from panel, Allow ammeters and lamp sockets to
front side). Put replacement meter into panel,
hang gently from wiring harness.
add bezel and secure the 3 screws holding meter
(4) Remove attaching hardware from chain
to panel. Replace wire leads and attaching hard-
ware, Close and secure control panel.