ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-824-34
(7) Install flatwasher (10), Iockwasher (9), and screw (8).
(8) Install terminal block (7), screw (6) and screw (5).
(9) Install nut (4), clamp (3), Iockwasher (2) and screw (1).
Section XVI. MAINTENANCE OF LIFTING FRAME
The lifting frame is securely attached to the skid base. It is equipped with lifting clevises at the top of each
side for lifting equipment attachment. In addition, the lifting frame provides support for the center of the housing
assembly and serves as a mounting point for the hydraulic sump and the day tank assembly. During generator
assembly removal, the lifting frame provides support for the rear of the engine assembly.
3-101. LIFTING FRAME MAINTENANCE.
(1) Remove housing assembly doors and panels as required for lifting frame removal (paragraph 3-99).
(2) Remove hydraulic sump (paragraph 3-41).
(3) Remove fuel lines and fittings (paragraph 3-24) and day tank assembly (paragraph 3-20).
(4) Remove main fuel tank filler neck (paragraph 3-16).
(5) Remove nut (1, figure 3-151), Iockwasher (2), screw (3), and flat washer (4).
(6) Remove nut (5), Iockwasher (6), spacer (7), screw (8) and flatwasher (9).
(7) Remove nut (10), Iockwasher (11), screw (12), flatwasher (13), top support (15) and right support
(8) Remove nut (17), Iockwasher (18), screw (19), flat washer (20) and bracket (21).
(9) Remove clevis assembly (22).
(10) Remove nut (28), lockwasher (29), hex nut (30), screw (31) and flat washer (32).
It is not necessary to completely disassemble the lifting frame to replace a single part
Only those parts requiring repair or replacement need be removed.
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
Solvent, Dry Cleaning P-D-680, Type II is flammable and moderately toxic to skin,
eyes and respiratory tract. Eye and skin protection required. Good general ventilation
is normally adequate.
Failure to observe this warning could result in servere personal
injury or death.
(1) Clean all parts in dry cleaning solvent (Federal Specification P-D-680) and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect supports, lifting clevises and brackets for cracks, corrosion, breaks, defective paint, and
(3) Inspect lifting clevises, brackets, and pins for excessive wear.