ARMY TM 9-6115-464-34
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-2
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-34
Section XVII. MAINTENANCE OF SKID BASE ASSEMBLY
The skid base assembly provides the mounting points for the engine assembly, the generator assembly, and
the enclosure assembly. It contains the main fuel tank and the tool box. The generator set ground point is also
contained in the skid base assembly. The skid base is also drilled to accept attachment of the wheel mounting
kit. A metal sheet near the bottom of the skid base prevents the entry of debris. Drain holes are provided to
prevent the accumulation of spilled liquids on the sheet.
3-103. SKID BASE ASSEMBLY MAINTENANCE.
(1) Refer to the Operator and Unit Maintenance Manual and remove the housing assembly.
(2) Remove the relatable assembly (paragraph 3-99).
(3) Remove engine assembly (paragraph 2-6).
(4) Remove generator assembly (paragraph 2-7).
(5) Remove main fuel tank (paragraph 3-16).
(6) Remove the lifting frame (paragraph 3-101).
It is not necessary to completely disassemble the skid base assembly to replace a
single part. Only those parts requiring repair or replacement need be removed.
(1) Remove self-locking nut (1, figure 3-152), flatwasher (2), nut (3) and ground terminal stud (4).
(2) Remove nut (5), Iockwasher (6), screw (7) and tool box (8).
(3) Remove screw (9), Iockwasher (10), panel blank (11) from skid base (12).
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts with dry cleaning solvent (Federal Specification P-D-680) and dry thoroughly. If
necessary, use a stiff bristle brush to remove caked deposits.
(2) Visually inspect skid base for cracks, corrosion, defective paint and defective welds.
(3) Inspect tool box for cracks, corrosion, damaged latch and hinge, and defective paint. Replace tool
box if damaged beyond repair.
(4) Inspect ground terminal stud for burns, corrosion, damaged threads or other damage. Replace if
defects are noted.
(5) Repair cracks and defective welds in skid base by welding. File repairs to provide a smooth finish.
(6) Remove corrosion and defective paint. Treat and repaint in accordance with service requirements.
Clean paint from ground terminal stud mounting to provide effective ground.