(9) Raise side panel skirt 90 and remove from
side panel assembly. Remove screws, capscrews, washers,
keepers, and remove upper side panel skirt. (Refer to figure
Bottom tray assembly will only go onto unit one
4-16.) Attach lifting sling, and carefully raise and position
way. Note location of weld nuts in relation to
side panel assembly on mounting member.
fork lift tunnels. Bottom tray assembly must be
cleaned and rubber seal greased with GAA prior
(10) Install three rubber washers, three flatwashers,
and three locking nuts in bottom of side panel. Ensure rub-
ber flaps are flat against radiator, and are pointed forward.
(1) Using a suitable lifting device, raise generator
Remove plastic plug and feed oil drain hose through side
set and place 6"x6" blocks under skids. Lower generator set
(11) Remove lifting sling from side panel.
(2) Grease inside of generator set skids with
(12) Repeat steps (9) thru (11) to install other side
(3) Using a suitable lifting device, raise generator
set, remove 6"x6" blocks, and place 2"x4" blocks under
skids of generator set. Lower generator set onto 2"x4"
blocks. Ensure blocks are under skids only. Do not remove
Do not allow front lower panel to drop or set on
tension from lifting device.
ground. Damage to brackets could result.
(4) Slide bottom tray under generator set. Ensure
weld nuts are positioned in down position. Weld nuts
(13) Position front lower panel assembly on gener-
ator set. Ensure top rubber flap is in raised position on
should be centered on fork lift tunnel holes.
radiator shell lip. Remove plastic plugs from rotolock holes.
Align male and female rotolocks and, using hex tool, turn
(5) Raise bottom tray assembly, and install keep-
rotolocks to secure the front lower panel assembly. (Refer to
ers, washers, and capscrews to secure one side of bottom
below bottom tray assembly.
(6) Raise generator set, and remove 2"x4" blocks.
(14) Attach lifting strap, and raise front top panel
Place a 1"x4" block under bottom tray assembly on other
assembly into position on side panels. Ensure alignment
side and slowly lower generator set to push bottom tray
pins fit in holes for proper alignment. Remove plastic plugs
assembly into position. Rubber must not bend or be
from rotolock holes. Align male and female rotolocks and,
allowed to tear loose when generator set is lowered.
using hex tool, turn rotolock to secure the front upper panel
(7) Install keepers, washers, and capscrews to
(15) Position exhaust extension on engine exhaust.
(8) Raise generator set, and remove 1"x4" block.
Install and tighten clamp to secure the exhaust extension.
Lower generator set and remove lifting device.
Exhaust extension opening must be pointed toward baffle
in front upper panel assembly, and must not interfere with
other components later.
Do not allow side panel to fall from mounting
members or set side panels on threaded studs.
Do not allow rear panel assembly to drop or set
on ground. Damage to brackets could result.