T O 35C2-3-446-1
(23) Install side panel skirts on slip-joint hinges
(16) Attach lifting strap and position rear panel
and secure with keepers.
assembly on generator set. Ensure alignment pins are in
holes for proper alignment. Remove plastic plugs from
(24) Lower side panel skirts into proper position.
rotolock holes. Align male and female rotolocks and, using
Tighten capscrews on keepers.
hex tool, turn rotolocks to secure the rear panel assembly
(25) Ensure inlet door, discharge door, and control
plugs. Ensure mounting zee is below bottom tray assembly.
panel access door, and access doors are closed.
(26) Reconnect battery cables.
Ensure lifting clevises are in the raised position
before installing roof panel assembly.
When bottom panel tray assembly is installed,
(17) Attach lifting sling to roof panel assembly, and
generator set will require 1-inch ground clear-
position on generator set. Ensure alignment pins are in
ance. Stones, debris, or other material may
holes. It maybe necessary to use C-clamps to pull the side
damage bottom tray assembly. Generator set
panels into position using the lifting clevis as an anchor for
may not be skidded with bottom panel tray
the C-clamp. Remove plastic plugs from rotolock holes.
Align male and female rotolocks and, using hex tool, turn
rotolocks to secure the roof panel assembly (Refer to figure
c. Remove acoustic suppression kit from generator set
4-16). Remove the lifting sling,
Install plastic plugs.
by reversing installation procedures.
two sockethead capscrews to secure roof panel assembly.
d. If generator set is to be trailer-mounted, the follow-
(18) Raise sealing angle until it contacts roof, and
ing must be performed.
tighten mounting hardware.
(1) Raise side panel skirts, and install ground
(19) Tighten capscrews securing mounting mem-
wire. Install anti-rotation clips, capscrews, and fiber wash-
ers in mounting holes in skid base. Lower side panel skirts.
(20) Attach lifting sling to inlet turn assembly, and
(2) Glue isolators on skid base or surface of tailer.
position on roof assembly. Remove the lifting sling.
Remove plastic plugs from rotolock holes. Align male and
female rotolocks and, using hex tool, turn rotolocks to
(3) Lower generator set onto trailer. Attach
ground wire to trailer.
(4) Install washers and nuts to secure generator
(21) Attach lifting sling to discharge turn assembly,
and position on roof assembly. Remove plastic plugs from
rotolock holes. Remove lifting sling. Align male and female
rotolocks and, using hex tool, turn rotolocks to secure the
discharge turn assembly. (Refer to figure 4-16.) Install plas-
Do not overtighten nuts. Tighten to 5 ft-lb
torque (6.80 N.m), and install jam nuts.
(22) Position upper side panel skirt on side panel
(5) Remove hex nuts, capscrews, and locking pins
and install screws, washers, keepers, and capscrews.
from trailer platform.
(6) Position trailer brackets, and install cap-
screws, hex nuts, and locking pins on trailer brakets.
Capscrews, keepers, and washers must be
moved to end panels to secure side panel skirts.