(6) Do not remove cap screws(8), lockwashere (9), mount-
(1) Clean day tank with a clean, lint-free cloth moistened
ing bracket (10) and gasket (11) unless replacement is
with an approved cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect day tank for cracks, corrosion, stripped or
damaged threads or other damage.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Install drain cock (8).
(1) Clean fuel filter assembly parts and mounting bracket
in an approved solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Install fuel hose assembly adapter (7).
(2) Inspect filter head and casing for cracks, corrosion and
e. Installation. Install day tank in reverse order of removal
3-81. Secondary Fuel Filter
(3) Inspect mounting bracket for cracks, corrosion, and
cracked or broken welds.
(4) Replace any defective parts.
(2) Open drain cock (1, figure 3-20) and allow fuel to drain
into a suitable container.
Remove old filter gasket before installing new gas-
(3) Disconnect fuel hose assemblies (2 and 3).
ket; failure to do so could result in cracking the
(4) Remove cap screws (4) and lockwashers (5) to remove
secondary fuel filter (6).
c. Installation. Install secondary fuel filter assembly in re-
verse order of removal procedures.
(5) Remove elbows (7).