PANEL LIGHTS switch (28), circuit breaker switch (30),
(3) Soak and agitate filter element for 15 minutes
in a solution of warm water and mild detergent.
START-RUN-STOP switch (32), and ENGINE PRIMER
switch (33) for cracks, corroded terminals, loose
connections and insecure mounting.
3-19. CONTROL PANEL GAUGES.
Do not use compressed air to dry a wet
P R E S S U R E gauge (37) and COOLANT TEM-
(4) Rinse filter element until clean and air dry for
PERATURE gauge (38) for cracked or broken glass,
approximately 24 hours.
corrosion, insecure mounting, loose connections, bent
indicator and other damage.
(5) The filter element may also be cleaned with
low pressure (40 psig MAK), filtered compressed air
Inspect running time meter for broken glass, insecure
(6) Place a light behind the cleaned filter element
mounting, loose connections, corrosion and other damage.
and check for holes, tears or other defects Replace if
(7) Clean interior of housing and install filter
Inspect BATTERY CHARGING AMMETER for
broken glass, insecure mounting, loose connections,
corrosion and damage.
3-22. GENERATOR SET HOUSING.
a. Inspect generator set doors, panels and covers for
for cracks, leaks, insecure mounting, loose or damaged fuel
dents, corrosion, defective paint, and other damage.
lines, and loose electrical connections.
b. Check that all hinges and latches operate properly.
b. Service Before and after each operation period,
c. Inspect for loose, damaged, or missing hardware.
open the valve and allow any sediment and water to drain
into a suitable container. When clean fuel begins to emerge,
close the drain valve. For complete draining of the tank,
leave valve open until no more fuel will drain out.
Inspect engine, generator, and interconnecting wiring
harnesses for loose connection, frayed insulation, or other
3-26. FUEL FILTER
AND STRAINER ASSEMBLY.
Inspection. Inspect fuel filter and strainer assembly
AIR CLEANER ASSEMBLY.
for insecure mounting, cracks, dents, leaks, loose fuel lines,
and other discrepancies.
(1) Inspect air cleaner housing for dents, defective
paint, corrosion, missing hardware and other damage.
(1) Open the drain cocks on the fuel 5trainer
(2) Inspect air cleaner condition switch for
housing and the fuel filter housing and allow the fuel to drain
insecure mounting and evidence of shorting or other
into a suitable container.
washer (2) to remove fuel filter housing (3) and gasket (4).
(1) Remove nuts,
(3) Withdraw filter element (5) from housing and
(2) Carefully remove dirty filter element from
(4) Do not remove drain cock (6) unless re-
placement is necessary.
Do not clean air cleaner filter element in
(5) Remove cup nut (7) and sealing washer (8) to
gasoline or other petroleum solvents.
remove strainer housing (9) and gasket (10).