MAIN FUEL TANK.
allow fuel to drain into a suitable container.
(3) Remove center screw assembly (2) and
(1) Inspect for insecure mounting, dents,
washer (3) to remove housing (6) and gasket (7).
leaks, cracks and other damage.
(2) Inspect filler cap for damage and corro-
(4) Remove bleeder plug (4) from center
(3) Check filler cap gasket for damage or
(5) Withdraw filter element (8) from housing
(4) Inspect filler hose for leaks, deteriora-
(6) Clean parts in dry cleaning solvent
tion, loose connections and other damage.
(Federal Specification P-D-680) and dry with filter-
ed compressed air.
(5) Check drain valve and captive cap for
leaks, damage, and corrosion.
(7) Insert replacement filter element (8) in-
(6) Check fuel lines for loose connections.
(8) Install replacement gasket (7) and secure
(7) Inspect fuel level sensor for loose elec-
housing (6) with washer (3) and center screw (5).
trical corrections, insecure mounting, corrosion
and other damage.
(9) Close drain cock (1) and fill day tank
b . Servicing.
(10) Install bleeder plug (4).
(1) Filler Cap.
FUEL INJECTION PUMP.
disconnect captive chain.
Inspect fuel injection pump for insecure mount-
ing, cracks, leaks, loose connections and other
(b) Inspect filler cap gasket for damage
(c) Clean cap in an approved solvent and
Inspect fan assembly for bent blades, insecure
mounting, cracked mounting bracket, and other
Inspect vent valve in filler cap for
WATER PUMP ASSEMBLY.
(e) Check cap for cracks, corrosion, and
Inspect water pump assembly for leaks, cracks,
other damage. Replace cap if damage is present.
insecure mounting, loose coolant lines and hoses
and other damage.
(f) Check captive chain for corrosion and
cracked or broken links. Replace chain if damage is
COOLANT TEMPERATURE TRANS-
(g) Install gasket onto filler cap.
secure mounting, cracks, loose connections and
(h) Connect captive chain to filler neck
and install filler cap.
OIL PAN ASSEMBLY.
(2) Main Fuel Tank.
a. Inspect oil pan for dents, loose hardware,
and oil leaks.
(a) Remove captive cap from drain valve
b. Check oil heater coolant lines for leaks,
(b) Install auxiliary fuel line onto drain
loose fittings, pinching, cracks and other damage.
line and position its free end to drain over board into
c. Inspect drain hose for loose connections.
a suitable container.