Figure 5-10. Generator Set Removal
1. Attach lifting equipment (2) with a minimum lifting capacity of 6000 lb as shown in figure 5-10.
2. Insert rope (10) through four lifting rings (8) on generator set (9).
3. With one person at each rope (10) to steady and guide the generator set (9), lift the generator set.
4. Guide generator set skids into position on the trailer and lower generator set onto trailer.
5. Install four screws (l), eight flat washers (7), and four new self-locking nuts (6) that secure generator
6. Disconnect lifting equipment (2).
7. Route ground cable (5) through power cable sock on front of generator set (9).
8. Connect ground cable (5) to GND terminal of generator set and tighten nut.
9. Reconnect electrical leads (4) and P1 (3) to generator set when installing generator set on unit A