ARMY TM 9-6115-464-12
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-1
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-12
4-32 FUEL INJECTION NOZZLE HOLDERS AND LINES.
Locate faulty injectors as directed in subparagraph c. below.
(1) Remove injector and return lines and fittings (1 through 7, Figure 4-20).
Tag or otherwise identify lines and fittings and the location of support damps to
(2) Remove screws (10) to remove injector nozzle holders (11), seals (12), sleeves (13) and seals (14).
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean nozzle holders and lines with an approved solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect nozzle holder assemblies for cracks, corrosion, signs of leaking, or other defects.
(3) Inspect lines for pinching, cracks, corrosion, and other damage.
(4) Check all threaded parts for stripping or otherwise damaged threads.
Refer to paragraph 2-6 and start the generator set.
Loosen the fuel line at the injector on cylinder No. 1 until fuel flows freely from the break.
If engine performance is affected, the injector is functioning properly.
If engine performance is not affected, the injector is faulty and must be replaced.
lighten the injector fuel line.
Repeat steps (2) through (5) for each injector.
Refer to paragraph 2-7 and stop the generator set.
Remove faulty injectors in accordance with subparagraph a. above.
Installation. Sealing washers (5, Figure 4-20) must be replaced at each removal.
(1) Install seals (14, Figure 4-20), sleeves, seals (12), injector nozzle holders (11) and screws (10).
(2) Install injector and return lines and fittings (1 through 7).
4-33 FUEL LINES AND FITTINGS.
a. Removal. Remove damaged fuel lines and fittings by following the ascending numerical sequence of index
numbers, 1 through 81, assigned to Figure 4-21.
It is not necessary to remove all fuel lines and fittings to replace a single part. Only
those parts requiring replacement need be removed.
b. Installation. Install fuel lines and fittings by following descending numerical sequence numbers 81 through 1
assigned to Figure 4-21.