ARMY TM 9-6115-464-12
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-1
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-12
(1) Open drain on bottom of day tank and allow fuel to drain into a suitable container.
(2) Place START-RUN-STOP switch in RUN position and BATTLE SHORT switch in ON position (32,
(3) If day tank does not refill, check that fuel transfer pumps and day tank fuel level and low fuel cutoff
switch and interconnecting wire harnesses are operational.
(4) If fuel transfer pumps and day tank fuel level and Iow fuel cutoff switch are operational, fuel solenoid
valve is defective and must be replaced.
(5) Check the diodes in the rectifier assembly by placing the positive lead of an ohmmeter on the red
coded terminal and the negative lead on one of the yellow coded terminals (Figure 4-13). The ohm-
meter should indicate a low resistance.
(6) Reverse the ohmmeter leads. The ohmmeter should read a high resistance (not infinity).
(7) Perform the checks in paragraphs (5) and (6) above using the opposite yellow coded terminal.
(1) Install screw and captive washer and install rectifier assembly (Figure 4-13).
(2) Reconnect electrical connector to rectifier assembly.
(3) Install elbows and tee to fuel solenoid valve.
(4) Screw tee onto daytank assembly.
(5) Reconnect fuel supply hose, electrical connector, and injector return line.
4-26 ENGINE WIRING HARNESS ASSEMBLY.
Removal. Prior to removal, tag or otherwise identify electrical terminals, connectors, and wiring and loca-
tion of support clamps to facilitate installation. Remove wiring harness terminals, wires, and connectors
as required for access to other components and to replace damaged parts.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean engine wiring harness with filtered compressed air and a soft bristle brush or wipe with a clean,
lint-free cloth moistened with an approved solvent.
(2) Visually inspect wiring harness for burned, bent, corroded or otherwise damaged connectors and ter-
(3) Inspect insulation for burns, chafing, and deterioration.
Testing. Check continuity of individual wires using a multimeter or continuity light. Refer to figures FO-1
and FO-2 for wire routing.
If more than 30 percent of the wires are damaged, or have been repaired, replace
the wiring harness and forward it to higher level maintenance for rebuilding.
Do not use acid core solder on electrical components. Equipment damage
could result if caution is not observed.
d. Repair. Replace damaged wire, terminals, and connectors by unsoldering connections, installing re-
placement parts and soldering connections.
Installation. Install wiring harness terminals, electrical leads, and connectors.