ARMY TM 9-6115-464-12
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-445-1
NAVY NAVFAC P-8-624-12
(6) Refer to paragraph 2-7 and stop the engine.
(7) Replace oil pressure transmitter if the above resistance requirements are not met.
(1) Screw oil pressure into coupling in engine block and tighten to 20 lbs-ft torque.
(2) Install electrical lead and secure with washer and nut.
Test low oil pressure switch in accordance with subparagraph c. below before removal.
(1) Tag and disconnect eletrical connectors from low oil pressure switch (Figure 1-5).
(2) Unscrew switch from block adapter.
b. Cleaning and lnspection.
(1) Clean low oil pressure switch with dry, filtered compressed air and an electrician's brush or wipe with
a clean, lint-free cloth lightly moistened with an approved solvent.
(2) Inspect low oil pressure switch for cracked casing, stripped or damaged threads, corrosion, or other
Remove wiring harness connector from low pressure switch.
Install a jumper across wiring harness connector pins A and B (figures FO-1 and FO-2).
Connect an ohmmeter across switch connector pins A and D. Ohmmeter shall indicate open circuit.
Connect ohmmeter across switch connector pins B and C. Ohmmeter shall indicate continuity.
Start the generator set (para 2-6). Place BATTLE SHORT switch in the ON position before releasing
Check that ohmmeter indicates open circuit.
Connect ohmmeter across pins A and D. Ohmmeter shall indicate continuity.
Stop the generator set (para 2-7) and return the BATTLE SHORT switch to the OFF position.
If switch meets continuity requirements, install wiring harness connector.
(10) If switch fails to meet continuity requirements, replace.
(1) Install low oil pressure switch into block adapter and tighten to 20 lbs-ft torque.
(2) Install electrical connectors.
4-24 DAY TANK FUEL LEVEL AND LOW FUEL CUTOFF SWITCH.
Test day tank fuel level and low fuel cutoff switch in accordance with paragraph c.
below prior to removal.
(1) Disconnect electrical connector (Figure 4-13).
(2) Unscrew fuel level and low fuel cutoff switch from day tank.