(2) Tag and disconnect battery cables and ground
(7) Disconnect and remove fuel tank.
cable from starter.
(3) Tag and disconnect wiring harness and electrical
speed adjustment assembly (see
leads from engine.
figure 2-1). Loosen nut (1) and lockwasher (2) and slide
from bracket (5).
(4) Disconnect air cleaner holes from shutter assem-
bly and intake manifold. Remove air cleaner and bracket
(9) Connect a suitable lifting
assembly from top of generator.
fuel line from fuel filter at fuel
check valve. Disconnect flexible fuel return line to top
(10) Disconnect engine from
of fuel injection pump.
See figure 2-2.
device and support
(6) Disconnect oil drain hose from mounting on
(a) Remove generator screen-guard. Refer to
skid-base and drain oil.
Operator and Organizational Maintenance Manual.
Figure 2-1. Speed Control Assembly